|Faction||Global Defense Initiative|
|Role||Superheavy support aircraft|
6x Anti-air missile batteries
|Requirements||Orbital Deployment Center|
The original Kodiak, also known as Orca Command 3A, was GDI commander Michael McNeil's command ship, from which he commanded forces during the Second Tiberium War. Unlike its successor, the original Kodiak was unarmed, and only serves as a mobile command center. The ship eventually crashed in northern Egypt after its starboard engines were destroyed by an ion storm while transporting the Tacitus. None of the crew survived the crash.
Kodiak II was added into Tiberium Essence in version 1.6. It is GDI's epic air unit, like the Scrin's Leviathan Mothership. The Kodiak can take on a wide variety of threats; it is armed with six anti-air missile batteries to attack enemy aircraft in the vicinity, and an ion cannon for engaging ground forces. It may also fire a Terraforming Torpedo to heavily damage or destroy Tiberium-based units and structures, such as Refineries and Harvesters. Furthermore, should the Kodiak be under heavy enemy fire, it can use Stratofighter Booster to quickly move to another location on the battlefield. The Kodiak also boasts advanced communication has an area of influence around itself, that boosts the veterancy of friendly units inside the area.
- Kodiak II was originally planned to become available after capturing Tacitus Archive.
- It was also planned to have only the AA missiles as weapons, and an Ion Cannon or the Stratofighter Upgrade as optional upgrades.
- When ordered to Force Attack a ground target, it will launch its AA missiles at the target in addition to the ion cannon. This is likely a glitch.
- Like the Montauk and the Leviathan Mothership, EVAs and the Scrin AIs would announce "Mothership deployed" when the Kodiak II is constructed.
- It use the Leviathan's voice clips from C&C4.
|Global Defense Initiative Tiberium Essence Arsenal|
Wolverine • Titan • Goliath APC • GDI Harvester • Falcon • GDI Mobile Construction Vehicle • Surveyor • Tempest MLRS • Disruptor • Juggernaut • Mammoth Tank • Mobile EMP Cannon • Mammoth Walker Mk. II • Predator Mk2 • Colossus
Vulcan Tower • RPG Tower • AA Battery • GDI Tiberium Silo • GDI Wall Hub • GDI Gate • Sonic Emitter • Firestorm Shield Generator • Ion Cannon Control Center • GDI Outpost • Foxhole • Support Battle Base • Combat Support Hospital
Sensor Pod Upgrade • Sub-Calibre Rounds • Reactive Armor • Stratofighter Upgrade • Composite Armor Upgrade • Scanner Packs • Auto Injectors Pack • ECM Container • Advanced Fire Control • Railgun Upgrade • Shockwave EMP Warheads • Advanced Turbines